The Calgary Quran School is an Islamic education school that operates under the auspices of the Islamic Center of South Calgary (ICSC).
The activities of the school are approved in the by-laws of ICSC. The Calgary Quran School is run entirely by volunteers who abide by a set of guidelines that are reviewed and updated annually to achieve continuous improvement in the activities of the school.
The school has the following mission and values:
To work together for the sake of ALLAH, glories to him the almighty, to strengthen the reading of the holy Quran and the understanding of the basic Islamic knowledge to become a practicing Muslim.
- We honor our commitment.
- We are volunteers for goodness in Muslim communities.
- We strive for Muslims’ unity.
- We are engaged in a continuous development of our activities.
During the SAGM held on December 27, 2014 following personnel were elected for the available positions:
- Principal, Calgary Boys’ Branch: Dr. Adebola Sadiq Kasumu
- Principal, Calgary Girls’ Branch: Sister Sameera Qureshi
- Principal, Lethbridge Branch: Br. Shukrallah Khan
- General Manager: Dr. Abdelgadir Abbas
- The appointed School Advisor: Br. Nabil Al-Adani
Below categories of courses are taught in the school:
- Quran Reading – Different levels of courses starting from basic level to Tajweed classes
- Quran Memorization – Memorization is tailored to fit the ability and pace of each student
- Islamic Studies – Different Islamic courses are offered e.g. Wudu and different prayer courses, introduction to basics of Hadith science, basic history of the prophet (PBUH) and etc.