As per By-laws of Islamic Centre of South Calgary, it is time to elect the new Board of Directors for next two-year term (July 2021 to July 2023). ICSC Board decided to hold election one month ahead of time (Having election in Jun’21 rather than Jul’21), because Eid and Hajj is falling in Jul’21 and people may leave for Hajj.
Following positions will be open for Board Nomination.
• Directors (7 positions)
We request and encourage people to volunteer on the board, especially our sisters and youth (our future leaders) and make our community’s representation and institution strong by participating in a friendly and positive election process and electing your new Board of Directors.
Election Date & Time:
The Elections will be held on Sunday June 27th from 10:00 AM till 8:00 PM and the results will be announced after Maghrib.
Islamic Centre of South Calgary believes in providing equal and non-contentious opportunity to stand as a candidate. At no time any member or donor details will be shared with any specific candidates. Only the candidate profiles in correct template form will be issued to the community through ICSC information. We urge to keep a positive and festive air around the elections.
ICSC Board 2019-21
ICSC Election Committee:
The ICSC Board has appointed following Election Committee:
· Br. Zahid Maqsood (EC Chair 403-835-2274)
· Br. Mohammad Yasin (Member 403-921-9276)
· Br. Farooq Qadir (403-473-6037)
If you have any questions, please call the election committee, or send an email to
The following three forms are required to submit your profile as a candidate. Please email the following two forms to email@example.com
Please submit the following online form along with the two forms above for candidancy
Any one will be eligible for vote if he/she comply with following condition:
· You must be a registered member on or before June 23rd, 2021.
· Must be a Muslim
· He / She believe Muhammad (PBUH) is the LAST Prophet
· Must be of age 18 years and above
· Must be Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
· Must have paid minimum $10 of membership fees
· Reside in SE Quadrant i.e. South of Glenmore from SW & SE down to city limits
If you don’t have your member # or have questions around your membership, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
· You must be a registered member in good standing on or before June 23rd, 2021 to file nomination forms to stand as candidates.
· You should not be an office bearer and or active participating member of any other religious organization.
· The duly filled Nomination and Declaration forms from the candidates along with their ICSC Candidate profile based on the attached template should be received no later than June 23rd 2021 11:00 PM.
· Candidates can make a clear scanned copy and email the forms to address email@example.com or submit the form online hand the forms in person to election committee members.
· There will be a two-day period to withdraw nomination, i.e. June 25th 2021 11:00 PM after which ICSC will publish the names of the candidates and their profiles to the community by email distribution and ICSC Facebook page
- All volunteers and delegates for scrutiny at polling stations must show a government issued photo ID and register with Election Committee.
- After registration, Volunteer or Scrutineer Tags will be given that must be worn at all times while in Polling Station.
- Only Two to Three Scrutineers will be allowed, Candidates must select renowned community members to act as Scrutineers who will be present during the election process and counting of ballots.
- Scrutineer will not be allowed to talk to any of the voters or volunteers; they must raise all concerns to Election Committee.
- Voting will be held on Bay #3 of Queensland Musallah 539 Queensland Drive SE.
- Only those persons will be allowed to vote who are Members in good standing, their name is listed in the ICSC Membership Register.
- To verify please provide Government Issue Photo ID e.g. Driver’s License.
- All donors who are not members are required to become member to be eligible for the voting. The membership can be obtained by filling online application form and attaching the proof of donation with the application.
- There will be NO AFFIDAVITS ENTERTAINED and ONLY MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED to vote on the election day. NO OTHER FAMILY MEMBER WILL BE ALLOWED TO VOTE unless they have registered individually by filling out the membership form.
- There will be Zero Tolerance for election rule violations or abuse of volunteers. Any abuse by the candidate or supporters may disqualify him / her in the election.
- No Canvassing / Gathering within 100 meters of polling station. Voters are requested to vote and leave.
- No candidate will be allowed inside the polling station except only to vote.
- STRICTLY, No capturing of video or photos will be allowed in the polling area.
- Election committee member in-charge of Polling Station has responsibility to keep peace in the polling station so please fully cooperate else security services will be asked to take action.
- In case of any dispute, decision of Election Committee shall be considered final.
In the search below, please note you can search to see if you have valid membership with ICSC to be eligible for voting in the upcoming elections.
If you have any questions around your membership, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please become a member if you are not by visiting this link https://icsouthcalgary.com/members/
|Membership ID||Application Date||First Name||Last Name||Postal Code||Vote QD|
|ICA0256-1||July 22, 2017||Muhammad||Zubair||T2Z 1R4||QSW|
|ICA0256-2||July 22, 2017||Saba||Zubair||T2Z 1R4||QSW|
|ICA0257-1||July 29, 2017||Lateefat||Yusuff||T2Y 0H6||QSW|
|ICA0257-2||July 29, 2017||Kamaldeen||Yusuff||T2Y 0H6||QSW|
|ICA0258-1||July 29, 2017||Nasim||Suleman||T2Y 0C7||QSW|